After considering all the options, Jim decided that partnering up was the best option to get access to a team of experts with a deep set of skills, expertise, and proven methodologies. Itergy had just launched its Office 365 Managed Service for Education offering. This was exactly what UCDSB needed, as it provided:
- Proactive monitoring. Itergy has the tools and processes to monitor and manage a client’s environment and identify potential risks before the organization is impacted.
- Skilled delivery resources. Itergy’s team of technical experts is available when needed.
- A committed service level agreement.
To effectively move to UDSCB to its Office 365 MS for Education, Itergy followed a specific methodology that consisted of mapping client requirements to a service catalog, on boarding, initialization, service transition, infrastructure transition and operation transition.
With the addition of Itergy’s Office 365 Managed Service, UCDSB has been able to realize a range of benefits:
- Strategic use of resources and talent. Itergy’s service freed up IT resources to focus on finding ways to reduce the administrative effort required of teachers, resulting in more time available to teach.
- Issue prevention. Included with Itergy’s service is access to tools and analysis that help UCDSB deliver effective communication, uptime, and performance to its users. This aspect of the service is proactive and helps UCDSB avoid issues before they happen.
- Speedy resolution. With Itergy’s help, UCDSB has been able to reduce the number of issues and time to resolve.
- Positive community feedback. With tools like the family portal where parents, students and teachers can share important event, Parents too are reporting that they can see the benefits that come from an IT team that is now free to deliver value-added services.