Windows Server 2003 End-of-Support is right around the corner. Take this in: in 2014 there were 476 critical updates released for Windows Server 2003. Now, consider the impact when you will get 0 updates moving forward. Jot down and exercise the following top 6 best practices:
- Preparation via discovery, analysis and assessment is KEY
- Print Services – Ensure all drivers are available when preparing to migrate. Some older devices may not be compatible.
- File Services – Have a test approach to migrating data including security and access points,
- Active Directory – Perform a pre-migration or upgrade health check to validate the current infrastructure. There is no point in moving existing issues to the new infrastructure.
- Active Directory – DO NOT perform in-place upgrades on existing domain controllers.
- Active Directory – Review the current security policy settings and make sure they are in compliance with Windows Server 2012 R2 out of box defaults.
Need help with any of the above mentioned best practices? Not to worry – contact our Migration experts at any of our offices today!
Check out our Windows Server 2003 Migration Offer and learn how you can potentially save ~30% of TCO with a minimized upfront investment.